YOU CAN DO JUST THAT BY PARTICIPATING IN DUAL CREDIT!
Did you know that taking ED120 qualifies you for a $2,500 scholarship to study Early Learning and Child Care in college?
Check out this website for more details.
What are the benefits of DUAL CREDIT COURSES??
- Student Success: Students gain confidence to succeed academically in a post-secondary environment
- Innovation: Students use the latest education technologies which prepares them for the technological workplace
- Convenience: Students learn what College Instructors expect while still in familiar high school surroundings
What DUAL CREDIT courses are available??
- The following Lakeland College courses are available:
- ED120 Play
- HE141 Working Safely & Effectively as Health Care Aide
- HE145 Communication in the Health-Care Environment
- HL101 Introduction to Heavy Oil & Gas
- HS115 Exploring Exceptionalities
- HS160 Introduction to Esthetics
- SO102 Introduction to Soil Science
- SC140 Environmental Sustainability
- More courses to come!
Who can apply for DUAL CREDIT courses??
- Grade 10, 11 & 12 students
What does it cost to enrol in DUAL CREDIT COURSES??
- Nothing! There is no cost to students!
How are DUAL CREDIT COURSES offered??
- Students can participate in one of three ways:
- Participate in live online classes
- Listen to pre-recorded lectures
- A combination of both options above
What students have to say about DUAL CREDIT courses:
- “The days that I took the course I looked forward to coming to school.”
- “I like how it gives me the option to see if this is something I would want to do.”
- “It’s helped me want to become something great!”
For more information please contact:
Sheri Garnier, Dual-Credit Facilitator
East Central Alberta Catholic Schools
Janice Aughey, Innovation Project Facilitator
Application Package (pdf)